Your safety continues to be our high priority. Our focus is following the guidelines of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and our state government.
We are counting on each of you to be responsible and self-isolate so that you can help protect those that are serving you.
Changes in process:
- Maximum of 5 individuals in activities
- Vital sign screening by Resident Health Services will be postponed
- Live exercises classes can be viewed on channel 77 – check your monthly calendar
- Ginny & Howard show – 1:30 pm on channel 77 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Call in questions will be taken
- Transportation offers on-line grocery shopping – call 3493 for more information
- Coffee hour will be broadcast live from Carter Hall for the main building at 10 :00am on Saturdays. Nueva Vista coffee hour will be postponed till further notice
- NM Environmental Department has asked that all pools close. LVL pool will close as of 3/26/2020 until further notice
We understand that the family connection and interaction is vital to your wellbeing. We ask that your family members respect our current policies and practice to protect our community and not to visit unless they are your private caregiver and to only enter through the front entrance. Keeping minimum exposure protects us all.
Construction & Refurbing Apartments:
- Bradbury Stamm Construction has made the appropriate adjustments to their area for their employees
- All refurbing contractors are going to the front of LVL to get their temperatures taken before they begin work. Plant Operations will meet with them each morning to discuss work schedule for that day. We have asked them to limit their activity to only the area they are working on.
I want to thank Susan Cho, Betty Koch, and Carol Hjellming for volunteering to help our staff by making face masks. If this is something you might be interested in participating in, please feel free to contact Susan Cho.
Also, if you would like to help take temperatures of staff and visitors, please let me know. We will add you to the list of volunteers and train you in the process. You will be required to have your temperature taken prior to performing this duty.
I want to thank you and applaud you for your cooperation while we all work through this new adventure. This is a time for all of us to be creative and look at how we are doing things and see if there could be a better way. I know if we all work to together, we can get through this with a positive outcome and be better than we were. Remember to be kind to one another.