La Vida Llena is concerned for the safety of our residents and has made it a high priority. I can assure you we are diligently following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines along with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for our licensed areas. These situations will undoubtable have an impact on your community for months to come.
We are starting to see cases of the COVID-19 in New Mexico however the New Mexico Department of Health is being very proactive and making personal site visits to each community to ensure we are following the appropriate protocol. We had our visit on 3-12-2020 and were encouraged we are taking the correct steps.
Specifically we are doing the following for our independent residents:
- We have posted notices on all our entrances to our independent communities that if you display the specific symptoms we ask that you not visit.
- We have communicated to residents what symptoms they should be aware of and if they had any of these symptoms they were to self-isolate and contact Resident Health Services immediately.
- We have communicated the importance of washing their hands or using a sanitizer located throughout the community. We have a listing of the six most important things you can do posted in our public restrooms.
- Resident Health Services is compiling a list of all residents that have traveled in the past 2 weeks as well as those currently traveling and will be contacting them to discuss symptoms and what they may need to do prior to returning to LVL.
- We our cleaning all surfaces- handrails, tables, chairs, doorknobs, elevators, counter tops, salad bar- any area where we find residents touching with Oxvir -an approved disinfectant.
- We have cancelled all of trips outside the community
- We have asked residents to be diligent when it comes to all travel which includes in the Albuquerque area. We are asking that they wash their hands immediately upon returning to the community.
- We have been evaluating if we need to curtail activities as the majority of our fitness instructors and entertainment are from outside LVL.
For the licensed healthcare areas we are doing the following:
- No visitation except in certain circumstances approved by the Director of Nursing
- Only assigned staff are allowed in licensed areas
- Everyone entering besides staff will complete a CDC questionnaire
- Temperatures are taken daily
- Proper handwashing is a standard precaution and all staff have been educated
Circumstances seem to be changing on a daily basis so please check back frequently for updates or visit the CDC, CMS or New Mexico Department of Health websites for updates.