Enjoy being a tourist in your own town.
Albuquerque is a great place for year-round excursions with friends or family. This is the retirement living of dreams.
- The Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau tells you everything that’s happening now. Stay connected so you and your friends won’t miss anything.
- The Annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta®, the world’s largest hot air balloon festival, hosts as many as 600 balloons. Watch the balloons drift across the sky from your senior home and join neighbors in your community to enjoy all the special events. If you’re not in town for the fiesta in October, visit the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum.
- Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club was awarded the only 5-star rating in the Southwest by readers of Golf Digest in 2006. It’s a 27-hole public course on the east side of the Sandia Mountains and only 20 minutes from town. Seniors enjoy the beautiful views, a good golf challenge and full-service dining experience.
- Twin Warriors Golf was ranked the third-best course in New Mexico by Golf Digest. It is eighteen holes of high desert, championship golf, routed through 20 ancient cultural sites. History, culture and the breathtaking high desert views come together here to make retirement spectacular.
- Sandia Peak Tramway: Take a trip on the world’s longest aerial tramway, just 7 miles from the La Vida Llena retirement community! It’s the easiest way to reach 10,378 foot Sandia Peak and TEN 3 Restaurant. “Best Bird’s Eye View!” – Readers Digest, 2007. Seniors can enjoy the views and fine dining all in one fun experience.
- The Albuquerque Zoo is rated one of America’s 60 best zoos and is home to more than 250 species of exotic and native animals. It’s also just one part of the Biopark, which includes an Aquarium, Botanic Garden and Beach. Retirement offers you the time to enjoy with friends or the grandkids.