Enjoy being a tourist in your own town.
Albuquerque is a great place for year-round excursions with friends or family. This is the retirement living of dreams.
- The Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau tells you everything that’s happening now.
- The Annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta®, the world’s largest hot air balloon festival, hosts as many as 600 balloons. If you’re not in town for the fiesta in October, visit the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum.
- Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club was awarded the only 5-star rating in the Southwest by readers of Golf Digest in 2006. It’s a 27-hole public course on the east side of the Sandia Mountains and only 20 minutes from town.
- Twin Warriors Golf was ranked the third-best course in New Mexico by Golf Digest. It is eighteen holes of high desert, championship golf, routed through 20 ancient cultural sites.
- Sandia Peak Tramway: Take a trip on the world’s longest aerial tramway, just 7 miles from La Vida Llena! It’s the easiest way to reach 10,378 foot Sandia Peak and High Finance Restaurant. “Best Bird’s Eye View!” – Readers Digest, 2007
- The Albuquerque Zoo is rated one of America’s 60 best zoos and is home to more than 250 species of exotic and native animals. It’s also just one part of the Biopark, which includes an Aquarium, Botanic Garden and Beach.