La Vida Llena is concerned for the safety of our residents and has made it a high priority. I can assure you we are diligently following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines along with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for our licensed areas.
These are uncertain times and have undoubtably had an impact on our community and we continually revise our processes to ensure our residents are safe.
Specifically, we will implement the following steps based of these guidelines.
- NO Visitors for the entire community, except for those loved ones receiving end-of-life care.
- Visitors for licensed areas must agree to be escorted to and from the patient’s room by facility staff and must agree not to leave the patient’s room unescorted.
- Specific vendors, private personnel, and approved visitors (end-of-life personnel; personal caregivers) must use a sanitizer when entering the building and have their temperature taken
- Only those individuals whose temperature is below 100.4 and show no signs of respiratory infection, including coughing or shortness of breath will be allowed to enter.
- Community Doors will lock when the hospitality desk closes.
We understand that the family connection and interaction is vital to our wellbeing. We would request family members respect and protect our community and not visit except as indicated above. In an effort to keep family members informed, we will implement the following:
- Updates on the La Vida Llena website: www.lavidallena.com
- Updates on the La Vida Llena facebook page.
- Family members can contact the following staff members via telephone with any concerns they may have regarding their loved ones:
- Health Care: Carolyn Rupert at 923-4839
- Assisted Living: Sherri Kinney at 923-4842
- Independent:Carol Johnson at 291-3390 or Resident Health Services at 923-4843
- All staff must have their temperature taken at the beginning of each shift and logged.
- Until further notice all group activities including fitness classes and meetings will be on a modified schedule and size. In order to comply with the 6 ft, distance we will limit meetings to 10 individuals at this time.
- Advisory Committees, Resident Council, Coffee hour, memorials, volunteer luncheon, resident tours and vesper services will be postponed.
Life Enrichment will work on a list of activities that will be available for residents and post on bulletin boards and monitors.
- The transportation department will continue to take you to medical appointments. PLEASE CONFIRM your appointment with your medical office before having transportation take you.
- Transportation will go to the grocery store for any items you may need. Please make a written list of the items you need. Due to the potential volume of grocery trips, please make every attempt to provide a complete list so multiple trips are not needed.
For licensed areas:
- Residents who are able to feed themselves without supervision or assistance will be provided in-room meal service.
- Residents that need assistance will sit 2 per table. We recognize this will be a challenge for our staff and are asking for volunteers to assist feeding these residents to accomplish their dining requirements. This will be viewed as essential and volunteers are not considered visitors. If you would like to assist, please contact Carolyn Rupert at Ext. 3539. Volunteers will be required to undergo the same daily screening as essential visitors.
For independent areas:
- All dining rooms will limit the number of residents at each meal setting. Breakfast and Lunch at Sandia and Nueva Vista should not pose a concern.
- For residents attending dinner, in all dining rooms, we are asking that you contact dining services at the following extensions to request a reservation.
- Nueva Vista 4:30pm or 6:00pm Ext. 9247
- Alta Vista 4:30pm or 6:00pm Ext. 3532
- Sandia 4:30pm or 5:45pm Ext. 3542
As you are aware, government mandates and guidelines change daily and we appreciate your flexibility and cooperation.
These are challenging time and we are asking that we all take responsibility to take care of ourselves and continue to lookout for each other. I have set the expectation that we are all here to serve and we will be asked to do anything that is needed. We appreciate your cooperation and kindness and we travel this journey.